Return to Headlines

Application for Working Papers

Applications for Working Papers…

The Pennsylvania Child Labor Law, Act 151 of 2012 resulted in changes to Work Permit Application. All students between the ages of 14 and 17 are required by Pennsylvania School Law to secure an employment certificate, known as "Working Papers," before they may begin to work.

Students, who have reached 18, by state law, do not need working papers. Under the current Pennsylvania Child Labor Act, only one type of work permit is issued. This is a wallet-size, transferable work permit, which is valid from the time of issuance until the minor turns 18 years of age.

The minor provides a copy to the employer and retains the original. Use the following link to download and complete the School District Work Permit Application (PDF).

Once your application is complete, please call the school at 610-363-6400 to make an appointment. The purpose of the appointment is to enable the applicant to “appear before” the issuing officer in person for their signature. Please bring your completed application and proof of age such as one of these items:  · Birth Certificate · Passport · Driver’s license · Learner’s permit.

Any questions, please contact the school at 610-363-6400.


Click here for applicaiton