DASD students named to Teen Advisory Council
Congratulations to the following DASD students, who have been selected to serve on the 2022-23 Teen Advisory Council for Penn Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine.
- Cece Fletcher, Downingtown STEM Academy
- Laasya Ila, Downingtown STEM Academy
- Ananya Paladugu, Downingtown STEM Academy
- Madisen Phonnathong, Downingtown East HS
- Srija Vemuri, Downingtown STEM Academy
- Brian Wadsworth, Downingtown West HS
The Council has 21 students from 17 area schools who will meet monthly to plan wellness events, in conjunction with the annual International Adolescent Health Week in March 2023. The Council members will also discuss how to improve on health care delivery to teens including ways that adolescent health medical practices can make appointments more comfortable for patients like them.