General Attendance Information:Reporting Absences
Email at the following address: SC_attendance@dasd.org . Provide the student’s name, homeroom teacher and reason for the absence.
A signed parent/guardian excuse note or email SC_attendance@dasd.org excuse note must be returned within 3 days of the student absence or the absence will be marked unexcused and/or illegal. A physician's excuse is required for any consecutive absence of more than 3 school days. Please refer to DASD Code of Student Conduct 7.16.14.
Please email your child's teacher(s) for homework assignments if your child has been absent 3 or more consecutive days.PA state law requires written documentation anytime a student is not at school.
- Calls to the attendance hotline are no longer required or monitored!
- SchoolMessenger will send an automatic phone call to parents/guardians if a student has been marked absent from homeroom. If you feel the call was made in error, and that your child is actually at school, please call 610-458-8703 to verify.
- If a student arrives late we need written documentation - either a doctor or parent note. Please note: Not all lates are excused, even with a parent note. Click here to access the Parent Handbook for acceptable reasons a student may be late to school.
- If a student is leaving early we need written or email communication sent to the office the morning of the early dismissal.
- Any time you have an emergency need for an early dismissal, please call the school at 610-458-8703.
- Absence notes need to be received at the school within three days of the student’s return to school. Use the following attendance email: SC_attendance@dasd.org. If you send an email for the absence note, do not also send a written note.