Welcome to Lionville Middle School Counseling Department!The LMS Counseling Department is committed to helping students attain their full academic potential, foster responsible independence and develop a sense of self-worth as they strive to identify and clarify personal values and goals, through a supportive counseling relationship with students, parents, teachers, and administrators.
The primary function of our School Counselors is to assist students in optimizing learning experiences at the middle school. School counselors address the academic, social/emotional and career exploration needs.
The counselors assist students and their parents/guardians with many aspects of education. Some important duties of the middle school counselors includes:
- individual and group counseling to students
- communication between home and school
- new student registration
- course selection and scheduling
- career education and planning
- transition planning/programming for the incoming 7th graders and outgoing 8th graders