Welcome to Downingtown East Home and School Association!Home & School Association Meetings will be held virtually on zoom until further notice. Zoom links will be posted below and also on our facebook page. All meetings will begin at 7:00 pm. All are welcome and the calendar dates are is below:
Monday, May 24th, 2021
Interested in what Home and School does? Read more below:
The mission of the Downingtown East Home and School (DEH&S) is to encourage interaction between family and school, serve as a source of support for our teachers, staff and community, and improve our student’s overall educational experience.
- To make our school feel more welcoming and inviting.
- To provide administrative/financial support for teachers/faculty for existing/new initiatives.
- To increase communication with families, teachers, staff and community.
- To identify events and programs to add to our school year.
- To increase volunteer pool & create formal committee structure with specific roles and responsibilities for volunteers.
Strategies to support Goals
- Create a welcoming committee who will reach out to new families for support, and to enhance our school entryway to show the caring and supportive school family that we are.
- Solicit staff/administration in the form of “mini-grants” for specific needs. Identify how many will be approved each year and disburse funds thereafter.
- Create weekly or monthly (TBD) flyer or communication document to be updated as necessary and sent along with Principals Friday communication.
- Survey parents, students and teachers to identify new events/activities/topics that Home and School can offer.
- Identify and elect a volunteer coordinator to organize efforts. Document roles and responsibilities for said volunteers.
- Research and facilitate fundraisers throughout the year
Existing Activities and Events New Program Ideas and Roles
- Gift Cards for families in need Spring Craft Show
- Designer Bag Bingo Senior
- Faculty Breakfasts/Lunches
- First Fridays – coffee and donuts
- Valentines Day Kisses
- Senior Post Prom After Party
- Senior Book Scholarships
- True Grit Scholarships Identify fundraising committees volunteer
New Program Ideas and Roles
- Improve front entryway of school
- Parent to Parent Night (incoming freshman)
- Additional teacher/staff breakfasts/lunches
- Safe Driving program before Prom
- Facilitate parent/student surveys for new ideas
- Identify a website/social media volunteer
- Identify program committees volunteer
- Identify a teacher liaison volunteer
- Identify a student liaison volunteer
- Identify fundraising committees volunteer