Welcome to Downingtown East Home and School Association!Home & School Association Meetings will be held virtually on zoom until further notice. Zoom links will be posted below and also on our facebook page. All meetings will begin at 7:00 pm. All are welcome and the calendar dates are is below:
Wednesday, September 30th, 2020
Monday, October 26th, 2020
Monday, November 16th, 2020
Monday, December 21st, 2020
Monday, January 25th, 2021
Monday, February 22nd, 2021
Monday, March 22nd, 2021
Monday, April 26th, 2021
Monday, May 24th, 2021
Bag Bingo - Date coming soon!!
Post Prom - Date coming soon!!
Interested in what Home and School does? Read more below:
The mission of the Downingtown East Home and School (DEH&S) is to encourage interaction between family and school, serve as a source of support for our teachers, staff and community, and improve our student’s overall educational experience.
- To make our school feel more welcoming and inviting.
- To provide administrative/financial support for teachers/faculty for existing/new initiatives.
- To increase communication with families, teachers, staff and community.
- To identify events and programs to add to our school year.
- To increase volunteer pool & create formal committee structure with specific roles and responsibilities for volunteers.
Strategies to support Goals
- Create a welcoming committee who will reach out to new families for support, and to enhance our school entryway to show the caring and supportive school family that we are.
- Solicit staff/administration in the form of “mini-grants” for specific needs. Identify how many will be approved each year and disburse funds thereafter.
- Create weekly or monthly (TBD) flyer or communication document to be updated as necessary and sent along with Principals Friday communication.
- Survey parents, students and teachers to identify new events/activities/topics that Home and School can offer.
- Identify and elect a volunteer coordinator to organize efforts. Document roles and responsibilities for said volunteers.
- Research and facilitate fundraisers throughout the year
Existing Activities and Events New Program Ideas and Roles
- Gift Cards for families in need Spring Craft Show
- Designer Bag Bingo Senior
- Faculty Breakfasts/Lunches
- First Fridays – coffee and donuts
- Valentines Day Kisses
- Senior Post Prom After Party
- Senior Book Scholarships
- True Grit Scholarships Identify fundraising committees volunteer
New Program Ideas and Roles
- Improve front entryway of school
- Parent to Parent Night (incoming freshman)
- Additional teacher/staff breakfasts/lunches
- Safe Driving program before Prom
- Facilitate parent/student surveys for new ideas
- Identify a website/social media volunteer
- Identify program committees volunteer
- Identify a teacher liaison volunteer
- Identify a student liaison volunteer
- Identify fundraising committees volunteer