Welcome to the Downingtown Cyber Academy
Click on the video above to watch a recording of our April 2019 Open House.
The Downingtown Cyber Academy offers fully-online and blended courses during the school year and in the summer.
DCA's online curriculum includes self-paced, robust classes using the latest instructional tools in a vibrant virtual classroom. Many of our courses are written by our Downingtown Area School District teachers and delivered through Schoology, our learning management system. Additional courses are supplemented through Edgenuity. PA-certified teachers skilled in online instruction help students master the skills they need to succeed—in today’s classroom and tomorrow’s workplace.
Most students and parents are familiar with Schoology. To see a video demonstration of the courses in Edgenuity, click on the links below:
Prior to starting the program, the student, parents/guardians, and school counselor will meet to schedule a student for the mixture of face-to-face, blended and online courses that meet the student's individual needs.
The Downingtown Cyber Academy also offers children the chance to participate in our wide variety of award-winning activities, clubs, and after-school programs. Downingtown Cyber Academy students are still considered students in their local school and will receive a Downingtown High School Diploma.
The Downingtown Cyber Academy is open to students in kindergarten through 12th grade who reside within the Downingtown Area School District.
The Downingtown Cyber Academy aspires to achieve academic excellence through flexible educational experiences for students in the Downingtown Area School District. We hope to revolutionize education by blending traditional face-to-face classes with student-centered online content and open learning spaces.
The Downingtown Cyber Academy strives to:
- Use both face-to-face classes and online learning to build a strong academic foundation in all academic areas, including the arts.
- Foster 21st century competencies such as critical thinking, communication, leadership, collaboration, and problem-solving.
- Provide scheduling flexibility for the students throughout the school day.
- Allow students to move at their own pace.
- Increase parental involvement through a virtual presence.
- Excite students to learn through the use of innovative technology tools.
- Prepare students for higher education and the workforce by using technology.
- Challenge our graduates to become problem solvers and leaders in their community.
Click on the additional links to learn more about our program.