General Attendance Information:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org . Please provide the student’s name, homeroom teacher and reason for the absence.
PA state law requires written documentation anytime a student is not at school.
- Calls to the attendance hotline are no longer required!
- SchoolMessenger will send an automatic phone call to parents/guardians if a student has been marked absent from homeroom. If you feel the call was made in error, and that your child is actually at school, please call 610-942-8950 extension 27002 to verify.
- If a student arrives late we need written documentation - either a doctor or parent note. Please note: Not all lates are excused, even with a parent note. See the Parent Handbook for acceptable reasons a student may be late to school.
- If a student is leaving early we need a note sent to our attendance email, email@example.com the morning of the early dismissal. Early dismissals require a Parent/Guardian signature in our student sign-out book.
- Any time you have an emergency need for an early dismissal, please call the school at 610-942-8950 extension 27002.
- Absence notes need to be received at the school within three days of the student’s return to school. Our attendance email, firstname.lastname@example.org (there is an “_” between sm and attendance), should be used for absence notes. If you send an email for the absence note, do not also send a written note.
A signed parent/guardian excuse note or email email@example.com excuse note must be returned within 3 days of the student absence or the absence will be marked unexcused and/or illegal. A physician's excuse is required for any consecutive absence of more than 3 school days. Please refer to DASD Code of Student Conduct 7.16.14.
Please email your child's teacher(s) for homework assignments if your child has been absent 3 or more consecutive days.