The Pennsylvania Department of Education allows public schools to hold a maximum of five Flexible Instructional Days (FID) per year that allow students and staff to learn and work remotely during emergency/inclement weather days. These five FIDs count as school days, and are not required to be made up at a later date.
Expectations for students
- The first five (5) emergency/inclement weather days will be held as FID/virtual days.
- All brick and mortar K-12 programs will begin virtually at 8:50 a.m. and end at 1:30 p.m. DCA procedures will be communicated separately.
- All classes will include a live zoom session, including direct instruction and live support during student work time.
Students are expected to attend all classes via zoom utilizing the schedule below. If a student will not be present online, regular attendance policy should be followed.
Should emergency/inclement weather conditions interfere with access to virtual classes, DASD may elect to switch to a full-closure, with all classes canceled. In that case, weather make-up days will be utilized per the district calendar schedule.
Additional emergency/inclement weather days beyond the five FIDs will be full closures and all in-person and virtual classes will be canceled. In these cases, weather make-up days will be utilized per the district calendar schedule.
- Students should bring their devices home every night
- There are a limited number of loaner internet hot spot devices available to borrow if internet connection is a concern in your home. Please reach out to your school principal if you would like to borrow a hot spot.
- Please reach out to service desk if you need support accessing Classlink, Schoology or any other district systems.