Operations and Programs
The Assistant Superintendent of Operations and Programs oversees all K-12 educational programs throughout the district and makes operational decisions regarding district safety and security.
This oversight includes the management of the following:
- State Evaluation Programs
- Chapter 10 Safe Schools reporting and Act 44 mandates
- District Comprehensive Plan to the Commonwealth
- Safe to Say Something
- Course of Study Curricular Offerings
- Downingtown Cyber Academy
- Secondary Summer School Programs
- Scheduling for K-12 Program of Study
- School Board Disciplinary Hearings
- Professional Development/Act 48
- Student Teachers and Field Experiences
- Leadership in 16 district buildings
- District Cultural Equity Committee and Policy Committee
More information about district policies can be found at BoardDocs
Safety of our school community is the foremost priority in our district. Downingtown Area School District (DASD) utilizes a number of measures to ensure the safety of students and staff. This includes the Raptor Management System for entry and computer based panic buttons in all front offices. Video surveillance is implemented throughout our 17 district buildings and directly accessed by the Downingtown Police Department and Uwchlan Township Police Department.
Additional measures include employment of security staff at the high schools, regular emergency drills, canine sweeps, 2-way radio systems throughout all 16 schools, door jams to rapidly secure doors and "Go Kits" for all K-5 schools. Safety training is an ongoing requirement for administrators and teachers throughout each school year.
In addition to these measures, DASD participates in a statewide anonymous reporting system called "Safe2Say Something".
Additional Safety Information
Chief Security Officer
Mr. Hubbard oversees all security improvements and needs throughout the district and will serve as a point of contract for our local law enforcement agencies. His appointment is part of the district's continuing mission to create a safe and secure environment for staff and students.
Downingtown Cyber Academy