Full Day Kindergarten and 5/6 Center Proposed Construction
Since 2006, DASD has been working toward the addition of district-wide full-day kindergarten. As the district has continued to grow and enrollment has increased, the board and administration have strategically evaluated facility construction options to provide appropriate class sizes and equity across the district.
After consulting multiple architectural and demographics firms, the administration and board have narrowed the construction options down to three choices. All three options provide for district-wide full-day kindergarten and address the growing enrollment needs of our district.
Community members are invited to share their feedback with their board member.
- What school will my child attend? / Has the district decided to redistrict students at Uwchlan Hills, Windridge, or any other school or community?
- What will construction cost and how will this impact my taxes?
- Why is this construction important to DASD now?
- What are the enrollment issues?
- Why is full-day kindergarten important?
- When will DASD begin to offer full-day kindergarten?
- Where would the proposed new schools be located?
- What about traffic at these locations?
- Will other schools be ignored?
- Would the proposed ⅚ center be a middle school or elementary school?
- Where can I share my feedback?
- Feedback Survey Results
- Construction Details - Feeder Patterns, Demographics, Considerations and Spot Redistricting - Rev 5/21
- 2021 Dec 8 Board Presentation - Elementary Student Growth and Construction
- 2021 Nov 8 - KCBA Facility Capacity Study Board Presentation
- 2021 May - Five-Year Student Population Growth and Construction Needs
- 2020 July 14 - FutureThink Demographics Study