The communications department serves DASD's students, staff and community by promoting accurate, timely, transparent communications. The communications team oversees media relations, crisis communications, community relations, website and social media management, and district photography and videography.
Sign up to receive district updates
2022 Winter Weather Plan
As temperatures drop and we start getting out our cold weather gear once more, I know many of our families are eager to hear the district’s plans for inclement weather.
For the 2022-23 school year, we will approach our winter weather season with a priority on in-person learning.
- If schools are closed due to inclement weather, we will first utilize available, approved snow make-up days identified on our academic calendar.
- Snow Make-Up Days: Feb. 17, April 5, April 6, and June 9
- If all snow make-up days have been used or have passed, we will then consider the use of Flexible Instructional Days (FID).
We will communicate any inclement weather impacts promptly via email, phone call, our website and the media. Should you have any questions specific to your child, please contact your child’s teacher for additional information.
Thank you and I hope we have a wonderful, not-too-snowy winter season!
In spring 2022, DASD collaborated with the Chester County Intermediate Unit (CCIU) to execute a communications audit. The goals of this audit were to:
- Provide a comprehensive assessment of current communication efforts and the effectiveness of the overall program
- Create a snapshot of current perceptions about DASD schools and the district
- Identify gaps in the DASD communication strategy
- Provide baseline research to evaluate progress and develop a framework for creating a strategic communication plan
Summary of Findings
The CCIU completed a comprehensive communications audit that included focus groups, surveys and evaluations of communications materials. The CCIU audit summary provides the top-level insights from the audit. To review a complete copy of the audit, please contact the communications department.