DASD Property Tax and Rent Rebate Program
The DASD property tax and rent rebate program, which was unanimously approved in April 2023, is based upon the existing Pennsylvania State Property Tax and Rent Rebate program.
In order to be eligible, the home owners and renters must apply and receive a rebate from the Pennsylvania Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program. For the 2023-24 school year, the DASD Board of School Directors approved a property tax and rent rebate of 40% of the State program amount (see table below).
The existing Pennsylvania Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program has been in effect since 1971 and is funded by state lottery and slot machine proceeds. The Pennsylvania Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program has an income limit, excluding one-half of social security, of $35,000 a year for homeowners or $15,000 a year for renters. The Pennsylvania Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program has a maximum standard rebate of $975.00.
For additional information on the Pennsylvania Property Tax/Rent Rebate including application process please visit the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue.
- Be a Homeowner with a yearly household income of not more than $35,000 (one-half of Social Security benefit is excluded) or
- Be a Renter with a yearly household income of not more than $15,000 (one-half of Social Security benefit is excluded)
- You or your spouse must be 65 years of age or older as of December 31 of the claim year or
- Be a widow or widower, age 50 years or older as of December 31 of the claim year or
- Be permanently disabled and 18 year of age or older as of December 31 of the claim year
The Downingtown Area School District program is granting a 40 percent rebate based on certain eligibility requirements and income levels as follows:
The following representatives and senators have offered to provide technical assistance related to the state tax rebate programs:
State Senator Carolyn Comitta - 19th District
17 East Gay Street
West Chester, PA 19380
State Senator Katie Muth, SD44
338 Main Street
Royersford, PA 19468
Representative Danielle Friel Otten
631 Pottstown Pike
Exton, PA 19341
Representative Kristine C. Howard
Greentree Office Building
40 Lloyd Ave., Suite 309
Malvern, PA 19355