An online learning platform where the teacher, student, curriculum and instructional materials intersect to facilitate at-school and at-home learning.
Understanding Parent Accounts
Parent accounts are automatically associated with the same school as their child. However, if a parent has children at multiple schools within an organization–for example, a child at a high school and a child at a middle school–the parent account is automatically associated with the school as the first child with which their account was associated.
For example, parents who sign up for Schoology using the Parent Access Code for their child in middle school are automatically associated with the middle school. They may still associate themselves with their high schooler's account from the Add Child option in the drop-down menu in the upper-right corner, but the parent accounts remain associated with the middle school as their primary school within the organization.
If parents have children at schools in different organizations–that is, their children's accounts are not all under the same Organization Enterprise account in Schoology–they must create two separate Parent accounts and link them together. Click here for additional information on linking parent accounts.
The home page - understanding the parent vs student page
How do I find my Schoology parent access code?
- Login to the Parent Portal
- Click on More
- Click on Parent Access Code – you should see a 12 digit code. Copy that code, and then:
- If you are unable to locate your code, please contact your child's school principal.
- Go to Schoology
- Click SIGN UP on the upper right hand side of the browser window.
- Under the dropdown menu Click Parent.
- Enter the student access code you received.
- Click Continue
- Fill in the requested information on the next page.
- Click Register.
- You should then be able to return to Schoology and login to your parent page which has access to your student’s information.