Cultural Equity Family Resources
Our DASD librarians have created a grade level list of books for children to help support cultural equity discussions at home. They have also included links to additional resources listed below. We encourage adult involvment in book selection to ensure their appropriateness for your family.
Know your reader: Some titles may include mature content. Parents, caregivers and educators are encouraged to discuss these experiences with their children.
- How to Talk to Kids about Race and Racism
- Talking to Kids About Race
- Talking to Kids about Discrimination
- Teaching and Learning about Race and Racism with Young Children and Their Families
- Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Free Webinars - Teaching Tolerance