General Attendance Information:
PA state law requires written documentation anytime a student is not at school.
- Calls to the attendance hotline are no longer required!
- School Messenger will send an automatic phone call to parents/guardians if a student has been marked absent from the first three periods. If you feel the call was made in error, and that your child is actually at school, please call 610-363-6400 extension 5510 or 5514 to verify.
- If a student arrives late we need written documentation - either a doctor or parent note. Please note: Not all lates are excused, even with a parent note. See the Student Agenda Book for acceptable reasons a student may be late to school. All notes are due within one day of the late.
- If a student is leaving early we need written communication sent to the office the morning of the early dismissal.
- Any time you have an emergency need for an early dismissal, please call the school at 610-363- 6400 extension 5510 or 5514.
- Absence notes need to be received at the school within three days of the student’s return to school. The attendance email is firstname.lastname@example.org and may be used for absence notes. If you send an email for the absence note, do not also send a written note.
- Attendance email will be checked daily.
Email email@example.com. Provide the student’s name, homeroom teacher and reason for the absence.
A signed parent/guardian excuse note or an email excuse note to firstname.lastname@example.org must be returned within 3 days of the student absence or the absence will be marked unexcused and/or illegal. A physician's excuse is required for any consecutive absence of more than 3 school days. Please refer to DASD Code of Student Conduct 7.16.14.
Please email your child's teacher(s) for homework assignments if your child has been absent 3 or more consecutive days. Click here to download a copy of the District’s Attendance Excuse Card.
Early Dismissal Form - this form or a note in with your child is required for all early dismissal requests.
A copy of the Early Dismissal Form can be found by clicking on “Early Dismissal Form”.