STEM Academy Attendance
General Attendance Information
PA state law requires written documentation anytime a student is not at school.
Calls to the attendance hotline are no longer required but can be made to 610-269-8460 x7272.
- School Messenger will send an automatic phone call to parents/guardians if a student has been marked absent from classes up to 10:30am. If you feel the call was made in error, and that your child is actually at school, please call 610-269-8460 extension 7272 to verify.
- If a student arrives late we need written documentation - either a doctor or parent note. Please note: Not all lates are excused, even with a parent note. See the Student Handbook for acceptable reasons a student may be late to school. All notes are due within three days of the late.
- If a student is leaving early, we need written communication sent to the office the morning of the early dismissal.
- Absence notes need to be received at the school within three days of the student’s return to school. A physician's excuse is required for any consecutive absence of more than 3 school days. Please refer to DASDCode of Student Conduct 7.16.14.
- If your child forgot his/her note for an early dismissal, late arrival or absence send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. An email will be accepted as asigned parent/guardian excuse note.
- Attendance email will be checked daily.
- Please email your child's teacher(s) for homework assignments if your child has been absent 3 or more consecutive days.
Educational and/or Family Trips
The district's policy on absence for Educational and/or Family Trips requires requests be made at least 3 days prior to the date of the trip. These forms are available to be picked up at the main office or can be printed from the dasd website under the parent tab, district forms (or by clicking here: Family Trips Form) and should be returned to attendance to be processed for approval. No more than ten (10) school days each school year per student will be approved for an educational/family trip, which may be extended at the discretion of the building principal.
Requests for students to be excused for more than one (1) family trip during a school year will most likely not be honored.