Questions about attendance ?
Reporting AbsencesPlease e-mail LM_attendance@dasd.org to report an absence. Provide the student's name, homeroom teacher, and reason for the absence. You will receive an automatic reply / confirmation that your note was received via e-mail.A signed parent/guardian excuse note or email excuse note must be returned within 3 days of the student absence or the absence will be marked unexcused and /or illegal. A physician's excuse is required for any consecutive absence of more than 3 school days. Please refer to the following link for the Student Code of Conduct 7.16.14 .Please email your child's teacher(s) for homework assignments if your child has been absent 3 or more consecutive days. You may also check your child's Schoology Account for assignments.PA state law requires written documentation anytime a student is not at school.
- SchoolMessenger will send an automatic phone call to parents/guardians if a student has been marked absent from homeroom. If you feel the call was made in error, and that your child is actually at school, please call (610) 524-6300 to verify.
- If a student arrives late we need written documentation - either a doctor or parent note. You may drop your child off with said note; you are not required to sign them in to school. Please note: not all lates are excused, even with a parent note. Click on the following link for the Student Code of Conduct for acceptable reasons a student may be late to school.
- If a student is leaving early we need written communication brought to the office by the student the morning of the early dismissal, after checking with the homeroom teacher. An early dismissal pass will be issued at that time so that the student may meet you in the office at the designated dismissal time. The student will need to check out with our receptionist when they leave.
- Any time you have an emergency need for an early dismissal, please call the school at (610) 524-6300.
- Absence notes need to be received at the school within three days of the student's return to school. Our attendance email, LM_attendance@dasd.org may be used for absence notes. If you send an email for the absence note, do not also send in an absence note.