The Elementary Band program in Downingtown provides class instruction (group lessons) to interested students in the fourth and fifth grades. Students will have the opportunity to learn to play one of the following instruments:
Woodwind Family: Brass Family: Percussion Family:
Flute Trumpet Practice Pad
Clarinet French Horn Pair of sticks
Alto Saxophone Trombone
Overview of the Band program:
- Band students receive one 30 minute lesson, once during the 6-day cycle.
- Students come out of class for instrument lessons. Instrument lessons are set up on a "rotating schedule" so that students do not miss the same class each cycle.
- Beginning band students will receive a grade for band for 2nd and 3rd tri-mesters.
- Beginning band students will have the opportunity to perform in a concert in the Spring!
- Second year band students will receive a grade for band for 1st, 2nd and 3rd tri-mesters.
- Second year band students will perform in the main Winter Concert in December and the main Spring Concert in May. Other performances may be scheduled throughout the year as well.