General Attendance Information:
PA state law requires written documentation anytime a student is not at school.
· Calls to the attendance hotline are no longer required but can be made to 610-269-4400 x7598.
· School Messenger will send an automatic phone call to parents/guardians if a student has been marked absent from the first three periods. If you feel the call was made in error, and that your child is actually at school, please call 610-269-4400 extension 7530 or 7534 to verify. If a student arrives late we need written documentation - either a doctor or parent note. Please note: Not all lates are excused, even with a parent note. See the Student Agenda Book for acceptable reasons a student may be late to school. All notes are due within one date of the late.
· If a student is leaving early, we need written communication sent to the office the morning of the early dismissal.
· Any time you have an emergency need for an early dismissal, please call the school at 610-269-4400 extension 7530 or 7534.
· Absence notes need to be received at the school within three days of the student’s return to school. The attendance email is email@example.com and may be used for absence notes. If you send an email for the absence note, do not also send a written note.
· Attendance email will be checked daily.
To report your student absence, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide the student’s name, homeroom teacher and reason for the absence. A signed parent/guardian excuse note or an email excuse note to email@example.com must be returned within 3 days of the student absence or the absence will be marked unexcused and/or illegal. A physician's excuse is required for any consecutive absence of more than 3 school days. Please refer to DASDCode of Student Conduct 7.16.14.
Please email your child's teacher(s) for homework assignments if your child has been absent 3 or more consecutive days.
Click here to download a copy of the District’s Absence Excuse Card. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org as a replacement for this excuse card. If your child forgot his/her note for an early dismissal, please call the school or send an email to email@example.com. An email will be accepted as signed parent/guardian excuse note. A copy of the Early Dismissal form can be found by clicking on “Early Dismissal Form”.
Educational and/or Family TripsThe district's policy on absence for Educational and/or Family Trips requires requests be made at least 3 days prior to the date of the trip. These forms are available to be picked up at the Attendance Counter and should be returned to Attendance to be processed for approval.