The mission of the Downingtown Area School District, proud of our tradition of excellence, is to educate all students to meet the challenges of a global society by providing an individually responsive learning environment characterized by outstanding academic and personal achievements in partnership with family, students, and community.
For our future, we want our students to be career and/or college ready upon graduation. In order to be prepared for this challenge, our students will:
- Be self-directed, reflective learners who use data to foster learning and growth;
- Exhibit critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Utilize technology in an appropriate manner to maximize learning;
- Act in a respectable manner as responsible, contributing citizens of the local, national and global society;
- Be innovators who use a wide range of techniques to elaborate, refine, analyze, and evaluate their own ideas in order to improve and make the best use of their creative efforts;
- Collaborate with peers and communicate efficiently and effectively across a variety of situations and environments;
- Be conscientious and informed consumers, who are fiscally aware of and responsive to current economic situations;
- Demonstrate an appreciation of an economically and culturally diverse community.