In the school setting, Occupational Therapists assess and address the following skills based on functional need identified by the child’s team:
- Fine motor, visual perceptual & visual motor skills and development
- Sensory Processing, Motor Planning , Executive Function & Organizational
- Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) such as dressing, feeding, and bathroom/hygiene routines related to classroom routines
- Social & Pre-vocational skills
- Environmental adaptations and modifications that will accommodate for deficits identified through assessment
- Assistive Technology – the therapist collaborates with the team to identify assistive technology needs.