The Office of the Director of Pupil Services oversees the Downingtown Area School District Home School Program. We have provided helpful materials on this page to ease the process of registration and compliance with the Pennsylvania Home School Law and the Downingtown Area School District Home School Policy.
We request that all home school families register:
- August 1st - Deadline for submitting the home school affidavit, detailed list of goals and objectives, and immunization/health form to the District Office.
Central Registration Office
Attn: Carol D’Andrea
540 Trestle Place
Downingtown, PA 19335
- If your child has ever been identified as requiring special education services, you must have the goals and objectives reviewed by either a teacher with a valid certificate from the Commonwealth to teach special education or a licensed clinical or certified school psychologist. This written notification of approval must be submitted with the notarized affidavit and goals and objectives no later than August 1st of the applicable school year.
- The home school evaluation requirements have been waived for the 2019-2020 school year due to the mandated state closure of all PA schools.
- Students must continue in their basic education until they reach 17 years of age. If a student ceases to homeschool after they turn 17, the evaluation still must be submitted for the period before the seventeenth birthday.
- Questions and documentation can be sent to Carol D’Andrea at email@example.com.