• K-12 New Student Registration for the 2020/2021 school year is now open. Please use the link below to register. 



    Welcome to the Downingtown Area School District! Please click HERE to complete our online registration process for enrollment; you must select the year you are enrolling for (19-20 or 20-21) during the sign in process.  

    Upon review and approval of your student’s online registration, you may schedule an in-person registration appointment to present the required documentation or choose to opt out of this appointment by submitting all required documentation electronically to the Central Registration Office (see list below). In-person registration appointments will take place at the Central Registration Office, 540 Trestle Place, Downingtown by appointment only, Monday – Thursday, 8:30 AM – 4PM. Please contact (610) 269-8460 x6229 for any questions on the registration process.


    Age Requirements for Registration:

    • Kindergarten: students must have attained the age of five (5) years on or before September 1st of the current school year.
    • First Grade: students must have attained the age of six (6) years on or before September 1st of the current school year.


    Important Change in Definition of “Compulsory School Age” 

    Effective in 2020-2021, all children from the age of six (6) through the age of eighteen (18) must comply with compulsory school attendance requirements. To meet these requirements, parents must ensure that their child between the ages of 6 and 18 is attending or participating in one of the following: a public elementary, middle, or high school; a public charter or cyber-charter school; a private licensed academic or private religious school; home tutoring by a certified teacher; or an approved program of home schooling. Children may be excused from compulsory attendance for documented medical or other compelling reasons as outlined in District attendance policy and procedures.

    Click here 
    to see which school your child will attend.


    Required Documents:  Failure to submit all required documentation will result in a delay in the student’s start date.

    • Birth Certificate or student Passport (To obtain a new birth certificate, please visit https://www.vitalchek.com/birth-certificates )
    • Parent/Guardian’s Driver’s License or Passport
    • Proof of Residence (one of the following):
      • Rental Agreement or Lease
      • Deed
      • Settlement Statement
      • Current DASD Tax Bill
      • Mortgage Statement
    • IEP/GIEP/504 plan/Special Education documents if applicable
    • Physical of student completed within the past 12 months (Click here for the Physical and Immunization Form)
    • Immunization records (see Registration Information below for details)
    • Additional forms, if applicable: (available under Additional Forms section below)
      • Application for Multiple Occupancy Registration form and proof of occupancy - required only if you are not on the lease or the home purchase/ownership form. This form must be notarized and you will be required to show four (4) forms of proof that this is your permanent address.
      • Application for Enrollment of Prospective Resident form and Agreement of Sale
      • Guardianship Affidavit - required if the student is residing with someone other than the parent
      • Original Placement Letter - required if the student is placed with a family by a court system or foster agency
      • Migrant Education Program form - if you are a migrant worker


    To reiview District policies on student enrollment, click here. Click Policies on upper right corner, then select '200 Pupils'.


    Address Change for Current Students:

    • Proof of residency (Lease, Deed, HUD-1 or Settlement Statement, Mortgage Statement or Berkheimer DASD Tax Bill) is required for address changes. You may drop this off at the Central Registration office or email it to pcura@dasd.org.
    • If the student will be moving from one DASD school to another as a result of the address change, please directly contact the school they are leaving to complete the withdrawal process.  Once complete, please contact the new school to complete the transfer process.

Additional Forms/Formularios adicionales