CENTRAL REGISTRATIONRegistration Location: Central Administration Building, 540 Trestle Place, Downingtown, PA 19335
(610) 269-8460 x6229Central Registration hours are M-F from 8:00am - 3:00pm.Please note that the registration calendar for the 2019/2020 school year has not yet opened. Please check back after January 2, 2019 for additional information.
Welcome to the Downingtown Area School District Central Registration page.
Moving to our district?
Please review the Perspective Residents section of Policy No.202.
New to the district?
Have you moved into a home located within the Downingtown Area School District Boundaries and need to register your child? Please follow the below registration procedures: Walk-ins are not permitted.
To request a registration appointment, please click here and fill out the Application for Enrollment form. Be sure to fill out all required fields for each of your children.
You will be asked to provide the following information.
YOUR CHILD'S FULL NAMEDESIRED START DATEDATE OF BIRTH
YOUR PHONE NUMBER
PREVIOUS SCHOOL ATTENDED
GRADE LEVEL OF CHILD FOR 2018-2019
IF THE STUDENT HAS AN IEP.
Note: Once you have fill out and submit the Application for Enrollment Request form above, we will soon send you an appointment email notification. In this same email, you will receive a link to the online registration portal. All online registration forms need to be submitted 2 business days prior to your scheduled appointment to ensure timely processing of the student file. Please note: Registration cannot be processed without the necessary forms and all required documentation being submitted.
Age Requirements for Registration:
· Kindergarten: students must have attained the age of five (5) years on or before September 1st of the current school year.
· First Grade: students must have attained the age of six (6) years on or before September 1st of the current school year.
To see which school your child will attend, please visit http://www.infofinderi.com/ifi/?cid=DA3V7H26K66
Required Documents: These items must be presented at the time of your scheduled appointment. Failure to bring all necessary items will result in a delay in the student’s start date.
· Birth Certificate (original) or student Passport (To obtain a new birth certificate, please visit https://www.vitalchek.com/birth-certificates)
· Parent/Guardian’s Driver’s License or Passport
· Proof of Residence (one of the following):
· Rental Agreement or Lease
· Settlement Statement
· Current DASD Tax Bill
· Mortgage Statement
· Multiple Occupancy Form - required only if you are not on the lease or the home purchase/ownership form; the form is available on the Central Registration webpage. Please note that the form must be notarized and you will be required to show four (4) forms of proof that this is your permanent address.
· Physical of student completed within the past 12 months
· Immunization records:
· 4 properly spaced doses of Diphtheria/Tetanus vaccines (4th on or after 4th birthday)
· 4 properly spaced doses of Polio vaccines
· 3 properly spaced doses of Hepatitis B vaccine
· 2 properly spaced doses of Measles and Mumps vaccines and 1 dose of Rubella (usually given as MMR)
· 2 doses of Varicella (chicken pox) vaccine administered at 12 months of age or older or proof of history of the disease from the pediatrician
Students entering 7th grade only: In addition to the vaccines listed above, students will need the following:
· 1 dose of tetanus, diphtheria, a cellular pertussis (Tdap) ( if 5 years have lapsed since last tetanus, diphtheria or tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis immunizations)
· 1 dose of meningococcal conjugate (MVC)
Students entering 12th grade only: In addition to the vaccines listed above, students will need the following:
· 1 dose of meningococcal conjugate (if one dose was given at 16 years of age or older, that shall count as the twelfth grade dose)
· Completed registration forms:
· Student Registration Form
· Parental Registration Statement
· Home Language Survey
· Authorization to Release Previous School Records
· School Health Information
· Student Health History
· IEP/GIEP/504 plan/Special Education documents if applicable
· Additional forms that may be required (if applicable):
· Multiple Occupancy form and proof of occupancy
· Future Resident form and Agreement of Sale
· Guardianship Affidavit (required if the student is residing with someone other than the parent)
· Original Placement Letter (required if the student is placed with a family by a court system or foster agency)
If you are a migrant worker, please complete the Migrant Education Program Form which is located under the Additional Forms tab below.ADDRESS CHANGE INFORMATION• Proof of residency (see list below) is required for address changes. You may drop this off at the main office, or scan and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.The following documents are acceptable for Proof of Residence: Lease, Deed, HUD-1 or Settlement Statement, Mortgage Statement or Berkheimer DASD Tax Bill.
• If your student is moving from one school to another as a result of the address change please contact the school they are leaving directly to complete the withdrawal process. Once done, please contact the new school to complete the transfer process.Click here to see which school your child will attend.Note: Once your registration appointment request is received you will receive an appointment email notification. Along with your appointment notification you will receive a link to the online registration portal. All registration forms need to be submitted within 2 business days of your scheduled appointment to ensure timely processing of the student file. Please note: Registration cannot be processed without the necessary forms and all required documentation being submitted.