2021 – 22 Performance Goals and Standards
Student Growth and Achievement
- Effectively works with the Board/Superintendent to develop and monitor district policy and administrative regulations related to Student Growth and Achievement.
- Demonstrates understanding and appropriate use of performance measures established within the district in support of specific goals and initiatives.
- Appropriately monitors student achievement on identified standardized assessments and has actively developed successful strategies for improvement in teacher and student improvement.
- Monitors, oversees, and encourages use of PVAAS data among professional staff with regard to making curricular, staffing, and comprehensive planning decisions within the district.
- Has coordinated PD to insure all PSSA/SPP performance targets for staff and students have been met for the most current evaluation period.
- Effectively works with the board and superintendent to develop and monitor district policy and administrative regulations related to Organizational Leadership.
- Has ensured priorities and initiatives are in alignment with a clearly defined and well-articulated vision for the district.
- Has developed and implemented operational plans and processes to accomplish strategic goals.
- Demonstrates an ability to assist and motivate others in achieving personal, professional, and district goals.
- Is skilled in identifying, analyzing, and resolving problems that impact the district.
- Maintains a regular presence in district buildings and at district events for the purpose of monitoring effectiveness of programming.
- Uses strategic initiatives and district performance data to identify appropriate professional development opportunities for staff within the district.
- Demonstrates leadership on Cabinet by problem solving, creating solutions and enriching the collaborative discussion.
- Demonstrates clear understanding of board, superintendent, assistant superintendent relationship including appropriate roles and responsibilities.
- Ensures compliance through reports and audits with all applicable local, state, and federal laws/regulations.
District Operations and Financial Management
- Effectively works with the board and superintendent to develop and monitor district policy and administrative regulations related to District Operations and Financial Management.
- Works with principals to ensure appropriate budget planning each year.
- Works with the board, superintendent and district business official to successfully accomplish financial and budgetary priorities including meeting all timelines associated with the annual budget.
- Develops contingency plans designed to address anticipated and unanticipated budgetary necessities when needed.
- Works with Cabinet to ensure capital budget, furniture needs and technology requests are well planned for a three-year cycle.
- Ensures end-of-year results are consistent with budgetary planning expectations.
- Ensures the district is compliant with all federal and state regulations in the area of curriculum, pupil services, and special education for the district.
Communication and Community Relations
- Effectively works with the board and superintendent to develop and monitor district policy and administrative regulations related to Communication and Community Relations.
- Works successfully with the board to build support in the community for the district's vision, mission, and both long and short-term priorities.
- Updates board consistently and regularly regarding curriculum issues and changes, pupil services legal matters, and significant personnel issues.
- Maximizes utilization of multiple methods for delivering accurate, timely, and reliable information to the Board and community.
- Has been able to successfully build school/community partnerships that benefit students and staff.
- Communicates effectively with the board and superintendent and coordinates the flow of information from administrators to board committees in a manner consistent with Board Operating Guidelines.
Human Resource Management
- Consistently models effective teamwork at the Cabinet level.
- Appropriately manages all district building principals, assigning functions, delegating effectively, and determining accountability as necessary.
- Ensures timely completion of all district wide principal evaluations.
- Ensures alignment of superintendent evaluation goals with that of the K12 principal team.
- Has ensured training and professional development opportunities for all K12 principals and completes or insures completion of all principal evaluations.
- Consistently model instructional leadership for administrators in the curriculum and instruction and pupil services department.
- Demonstrates recognition and understanding of public education's role in promoting civic responsibility.
- Performs all duties in a manner consistent with the values and expectations of the board/superintendent and community at large.
- Supports a standards-based approach to governance, leadership, and instruction throughout the district.
- Encourages an inclusive and respectful environment that aligns with the organization’s execution of the district’s vision, mission, and strategic goals.
- Demonstrates ethical and personal integrity consistent with expectations associated with the role of assistant superintendent.
- Maintains the confidence and trust of school professionals and the community.
- Continuously monitors effectiveness within the role of the assistant superintendent, seeking out and participating in professional development activities in alignment with areas identified for improvement by the board/superintendent and through self-reflection.
Annual Goals for School Year 2021 – 2022
- PDE requires the implementation of threat assessment teams for the 21-22 school year. The assistant superintendent and student assistance specialist will work collaboratively to develop and implement the threat assessment protocols and process for DASD.
- During the second half of the 21-22 school year, we will investigate the district's overall philosophy of homework by leading discussions on the philosophy of homework, surveying principals of schools, collecting and analyzing data from the survey, and reviewing existing policy and administrative guidelines. The expected outcome is to created a revised, agreed upon philosophy of homework across the K-12 system in Downingtown. In addition, any needed changes to policy and guidelines will be presented to the board of directors for approval.