General Attendance Information:
PA state law requires written documentation anytime a student is not at school.
- Calls to the attendance hotline are no longer required!
will send an automatic phone call to parents/guardians if a student has
been marked absent from homeroom. If you feel the call was made in
error, and that your child is actually at school, please call
610-942-8950 extension 4302 to verify.
- If a student arrives late we need written documentation - either a doctor or parent note. Please note: Not
all lates are excused, even with a parent note. See the Parent Handbook
for acceptable reasons a student may be late to school.
a student is leaving early we need written communication sent to the
office the morning of the early dismissal. Early dismissals require a
Parent/Guardian signature in our student sign-out book.
- Any time you have an emergency need for an early dismissal, please call the school at 610-942-8950 extension 4302. Please do not send early dismissal requests via email.
- Absence notes need to be received at the school within three days of the student’s return to school. Our attendance email, firstname.lastname@example.org (there is an “_” between sm and attendance), may be used for absence notes. If you send an email for the absence note, do not also send a written note.
- Attendance email will not be checked after 9:30am when the School Messenger sends an automatic phone call.
Email email@example.com . Provide the student’s name, homeroom teacher and reason for the absence.
A signed parent/guardian excuse note or email firstname.lastname@example.org
excuse note must be returned within 3 days of the student absence or
the absence will be marked unexcused and/or illegal. A physician's
excuse is required for any consecutive absence of more than 3 school
days. Please refer to DASD Code of Student Conduct 7.16.14.
Please email your child's teacher(s) for homework assignments if your child has been absent 3 or more consecutive days.
Absence Excuse Card - you may also email mailto:email@example.com replace this excuse note
Early Dismissal Form - if your child forgot his/her note please call the school prior to 9:30 am