Thank you to our
current and future Downingtown Area School District volunteers. Without
their help and support, we would be unable to provide our students with a great
education and enjoyable school environment! To maintain a safe and
healthy environment, background clearances are now mandatory for both staff and
volunteers. Should you wish to volunteer in any of our DASD schools,
please follow the instructions below. By clicking on some of the links below, you will be leaving the DASD website.
State requirements for volunteers
requirements are currently under review at the state level. However,
early in July, the General Assembly passed House Bill 1276 which affects
clearances for volunteers and employees. The major changes are as follows.
of the volunteer clearances will
be now be "free"'
clearances will now be good for 5 years
The two, free, state mandated certifications that DASD volunteers
will need can be obtained by clicking on the links below.
DASD requirements for volunteers found in DASD School Volunteer Policy #916:
- To determine who would be a volunteer, click here to consult our chart in DASD Policy #916.
- DASD School Volunteer Policy #916 requires proof
of a recent Tuberculosis examination from your family physician.
- Annual completion of the Volunteer Disclosure Form (AG-916) in DASD Policy #916”
- Click below for the DASD School Volunteer Policy #916 and the DASD Volunteer Disclosure Form (Annual).
1. DASD School Volunteer Policy #916
have lived in Pennsylvania for less than 10 years
who have not lived in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for the past ten years
will also need to fill out a federal criminal history check in addition
to the above documentation. Click below for the Federal Criminal History Report.
Federal Criminal History Report - Volunteer is responsible for cost of this report ($27.00)
receive your clearances….
Please make one
copy of each clearance for your records and send a copy to the school (s) you
intend to volunteer with. These certifications will be good for the next 60
months (except for the annual completion of the Volunteer Disclosure Form (AG-916) in DASD Policy #916) and will travel with you as your child moves from one school level to
If a DASD school
already has your clearances (and they are less than 60 months old) and proof
of TB examination please fill out the annually required DASD Volunteer
Disclosure Form found in the link below.
Volunteer Disclosure Form (Annual form)
Again, we thank
you for giving us your time and energy. Should you have any further questions, Click here for the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services Volunteer FAQ's or contact Director of Public
Information, Pat McGlone at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer Forms Check List:
- Child Abuse History Certification
- PA Criminal Background Certification
- DASD School Volunteer Policy #916 (Please read.)
- DASD School Volunteer Chart found in Policy #916 (Please read.)
- DASD Volunteer Disclosure Form (Annual)
- Proof of recent Tuberculosis exam as noted in DASD School Volunteer Policy #916.
- Federal Criminal History (If needed.)